Ecogenie


Dryer Vent Cleaning in Northbrook IL

There is a danger lurking in your home and it is somewhere you have probably never thought about: your dryer. According to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), more than 18,000 house fires break out every year due to clogged or blocked dryer vents. You may think that cleaning out your lint catcher is enough; but it isn’t. Unless you have your dryer vents thoroughly cleaned every year, you could be putting your family at risk.

A Clogged Dryer Vent can be a Major Concern in Northbrook IL

Lint is very flammable and if that lint gets too hot it can combust, causing a serious fire in the walls of your home. But that isn’t the only thing you have to worry about. Blocked vents also contribute to carbon monoxide buildup, which can allow this dangerous gas to permeate your home without you ever realizing it.

dryer-vent-cleaning

How Can You Tell If Your Dryer Vent is Clogged?

The average lint trap grabs about 60% of the lint produced inside of your dryer. That leaves the other 40% pushed through the dryer vent. Since the vent is made up of funnels, elbows and exhaust gateways that run inside of your walls and through your home until it reaches that outside exhaust outlet, there are plenty of places for that lint to get trapped. Over time every dryer vent becomes lined with lint. Sometimes it builds up and creates a dangerous clog or blockage.

So how can you tell if the lint in your vent is becoming dangerous? A few signs to watch out for include:

  • Clothes that take more than single cycle to dry: if the air cannot move through the vent it will be unable to pull moisture from the clothes
  • A strange smell in your dryer or on your clothes
  • A laundry room that feels hot or moist. This is caused by a buildup of heat that is unable to escape through the normal ventilation process

Dryer Vent Cleaning in Northbrook, IL

The experts at the NFPA suggest that every household have their dryer vents thoroughly cleaned at least once a year. While some people may be able to handle this project on their own, most homeowners find that bringing in a professional gives them the peace of mind in knowing that the job is done correctly and their family is safe.

Armed with the proper tools, the expert team at Ecogenie Cleaning specializes in residential and commercial vent cleaning. Using an assortment of brushes, clot busters, drills and forced air, Ecogenie has been keeping the 60062 and 60065 zip code area safe from fire threats by clearing out built up dryer vent in their client’s homes. To find out more about how you can safeguard your home and family from lint fire, be sure to contact us, at Ecogenie Cleaning, today.